Sony Xperia Sola Specifications Review
Coming with a not-so-large 3.7” LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, the Sony Xperia Sola still has the quality to steal our attention. With a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels (265 ppi pixel density), the screen looks pretty nice with a good brightness. Floating touch technology is definitely a plus point. It allows the phone to detect input when a finger hovers up to 22mm above the screen. In other words, you can operate the touchscreen without even touching it. Although the technology has some limits – it can only be applied in the web browser and you can’t make a selection by using it–, it is still an interesting idea. Other features such as scratch-resistant glass, Multitouch (up to 4 fingers), Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine, Accelerometer, and Proximity sensor are also included to support the display.
The Xperia Sola uses Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system, which can be upgraded to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Under the hood, a Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor works together with Mali-400 GPU and 512 MB of RAM to power the phone. It performs decent speed for multitasking. It works responsively without any serious lags. Most apps can be launched promptly in this phone. It can even handle 3D games like Temple Run and Tiki Kart 3D. The Xperia Sola has 8 GB of internal storage (5 GB user available) to accommodate your data and media files. You can also expand the storage capacity by adding external memory card (up to 32 GB). The connectivity options are quite complete. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot; DLNA; Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, EDR; microUSB v2.0, USB Host; and NFC.
A 5 MP is attached on the back of the phone. It has pretty rich features including autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama, image stabilization, and video recording capability. The quality of the photo is surprisingly better than we might imagine. The photos look sharp and colorful. You can also use the camera to record a video up to 720p@30fps. A front-facing camera is not available in this phone.
The Xperia Sola still has many other features to offer such as: GPS with A-GPS support; Stereo FM radio with RDS; Digital compass; 3D surround sound enhancement; Instant Messaging; Push Email;HTML5; Adobe Flash; SNS integration; Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic; MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player; MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player; Google Search; Maps; Gmail; YouTube; Calendar; Google Talk; Document viewer; Voice memo/dial/commands; Predictive text input; and more.
Size: 116 x 59 x 9.9 mm (4.57 x 2.32 x 0.39 in)
Weight: 107 g (3.77 oz)
Sony Xperia Sola Android Operating System Software Update
Make sure your Sony Xperia Sola is always up to date with the latest software. Perform a software update and enjoy new features, better performance, speed and bug fixes.
There are two ways to update your software:
- Directly onto your device. You can download and install the new software straight onto your Xperia™ Sola smartphone over your mobile network, or using a Wi-Fi® connection. Please note that not all operators offer over-the-air updates.
- From your Home screen, tap .
- Find and tap Update Centre.
- Select a system update you want to install, then tap Install.
- Install the PC Companion application on the computer you are using, if it is not already installed.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Computer: Launch the PC Companion application. After a few moments, PC Companion detects your phone and searches for new phone software.
- Phone: When notifications appear in the status bar, follow the on-screen instructions to carry out the relevant software updates.
- sony xperia soal update android to4 3,